When members join the East Ward Allotment Association they agree to the following rules:
- to pay annual rent in advance. (Rent is set at the AGM). If rent is not paid the Membership Secretary will re-let the plot.
- not to sublet or pass the plot to another person.
- to inform Membership Secretary of any change of contact details.
- Not to hold more than 30 poles (750 square metres) of the Association’s land.
Cultivation and maintenance of the plot
- to cultivate and maintain the plot according to the Cultivation Guidelines.
- to maintain a 60 cm wide footpath along side of the plot.
- not to erect any structure without written permission of the Committee.
- to allow Committee Members to enter and inspect the plot at any time.
- to clearly number the plot.
- to light bonfires only after 6 p.m. or dusk, if earlier. (No bonfires may be lit on Sundays or public holidays).
- to burn only dry, plant material.
- to refill water tanks after use and not use the tanks for cleaning purposes.
- not to use hosepipes, except in special circumstances with the written permission of the Committee.
- to use power tools only between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. or dusk, if earlier.
- to respect people’s property. Stealing, receiving or maliciously damaging the Association’s or another member’s property, including produce, will result in notice to quit and expulsion from the Association.
- not to enter any other plot (including side paths) without permission.
- not to dump garden refuse or rubbish on other plots or communal land including roads.
- to supervise children and guests.
- to keep dogs on a lead and only on the member’s plot.
- to behave in a courteous and respectful manner to other members.
- to abide by the decision of the Committee in any dispute.
- to enter the allotment land by motor vehicle only for the purpose of loading or unloading. (Motor vehicle access may be prohibited in adverse weather conditions).
- to keep the gates locked and secure at all times.
- to pay fines levied by the Committee if rules are broken.