Because the gate padlocks had become increasingly unreliable they were all replaced yesterday.

KEYS: All existing keys should work. Please leave a message here if yours doesn’t.

STIFFNESS: The new padlocks can be a bit stiff to close. They need a firm push. We are working to make the mechanisms smoother. Please bear with us!

EWAA Committee

New padlocks on all gates
Tagged on:

8 thoughts on “New padlocks on all gates

• 25th April 2021 at 6:07 pm

We have two keys. One works perfectly – the other is a real struggle but worked on the old padlock. Only tried on the Howard Street end gate next to 66 Cricket Road.

• 26th April 2021 at 10:12 am

I had a struggle with the gate near the main shop. My key did work in the end but it is not easy. Nor is it easy to close the lock afterwards. And since we found it unlocked when leaving, I guess that others are having problems too. Do they need oiling?

• 25th April 2021 at 6:15 pm

My key doesn’t work with any of the new padlocks

• 26th April 2021 at 8:26 pm

Had a mild panic that I was locked in this eve! Managed to get the Cricket Road (Howard street end) lock open eventually – Found the trick is to pull the key out ever so slightly and it just clicked open.

• 12th May 2021 at 10:36 am

My key doesn’t work in the new padlocks. I’ve tried pulling it out slightly and lots of jiggling, but no joy. Can I get a replacement? Thanks, Karen

• 3rd June 2021 at 12:43 pm

I’m afraid that even with a whole load of jiggling and patience my key doesn’t work in any locks. Luckily I’m a member of the OUWG so come in the gate that way (and Pete’s key seems to work). Any chance of a new key? How do we go about that? My telephone if that helps is 07421994683

• 3rd June 2021 at 2:55 pm

Hi Marguerite, will text you.

• 8th July 2021 at 4:25 pm

Just entering by bottom gate padlock is broken needs urgently replacing I think best wishes Michael Harloe